Mother of the bride beauty tips by Joan Collins ..
Dame Joan Collins reveals her top Makeup Tips!
by Clemmie Millbank
It’s not just the bride who worries about her big day look! The mother of the bride’s needs wedding day make-up too! Here, industry insider (and absolute legend) Joan Collins reveals her MUST READ beauty tips. Share it with your mum stat!
1. Foundation is key for achieving a flawless make-up look. The First Base Foundation evens out your complexion and gives a radiant, natural finish.
2. Keep a pressed powder handy!
Pop a small compact in your clutch bag – it’s perfect for keeping that troublesome T-zone shine-free all day long.
3. Lipstick is the queen of cosmetics
It gives you an aura of glamour. The Divine Lips Lipstick has a creamy texture that glides on beautifully and the pigmented colour makes a real impact.
4. De-puff your eyes the night before by soothing them with cotton pads that have been soaked in ice-cold water. After just five minutes your eyes will feel refreshed. I make sure I do this before all of my big events!
5. Perfume is the ultimate finishing touch for any woman. Spritz an amazing perfume right before you walk out the door to give you an instant confidence boost.
6. Don’t let age dictate what you wear
If you want to rock a colour-pop eyeshadow or a pair of false lashes – do it!
7. Waterproof mascara is a must. It’s likely that you’ll be shedding a tear (or two) on the big day and the last thing you want is running make-up to ruin your look.
8. Find the perfect products for you. Once you find a cleanser, toner and moisturiser that works for your skin type, make sure you stick to a strict daily routine.
9. Make the most of your beauty sleep by applying my Sleep Active Night Cream and Superlift Eye Serum before bed. They will fight fatigue and revive your skin while you sleep.
10. Polish off your look nicely with a beautiful nail colour. Whether it’s a subtle nude shade or a vibrant red, it’s surprising how much of a difference a lick of paint can make..